Tuesday, 12 April 2011

North/South Fashion Divide!

Is there such thing as a North/South fashion divide?! Whilst I was style stalking, I started speaking to agirl. I asked her what she thought of the North/South fashion divide and did she even think there was one. She then replied to me that she thought the girls in the South dressed far more classier than the girls in the North! I mean, no she didnt look tarty in any way, but she wasnt from the North or the South, she was from the Midlands. It got me thinking as to why girls from the North have such a bad reputation - not just with their clothes and the way we present our selves, but the way Southerners think we act and carry ourselves. If the girls from Essex are anything to go by how do some Southerners even have a leg to stand on and why is there this fashion barrier that is dividing the country?

Take a look at Abbey Clancey for example, she is considered to be one of the most beautiful women in the country. She's young, a slender size 8 and came runner up on Britians next top model. She does now have a budding fashion career and does well for herself as a top model. She is also from Liverpool. A gorgeous city in the North West of England. She dresses well, carries her self well, and is a true lover of fashion. Just because girls in the North get out of bed and brush their hair and make them selves look presentable does not been their tarty or any less classy than girls in the South. Yes, I do understand the whole WAG look that was portrayed a few years back, the whole ratty hair extensions, orange tan, yellow juicy couture tracksuits and big white snow boots, wasnt a good look for any one, but lets not forget they were young kids at the time!

The author of a article in The Daily Mail by fellow Northener Sadie Nichols, there is an increasing gap of fashion between the North and South and it isnt just a figure of our imaginations. Maybe the people in the South do think that the girls up North make too much of an effort. The majority of people in the North live in small cities and towns and are easy accessible to going home and getting changed before a night out. It is very rare that ladies and gents will go straight out after work for a big night out. Understandbly the ladies and gents of the South don't have that luxury. Many people who work in London have to commute and there fore don't find it as easy to get home and freshen up.

Of course the number 1 London based style icon is the ever beautiful Kate Moss. As a Northern girl myself, would I wear the clothes Kate Moss wears or the clothes Abbey Clancey wears? I can honestly say Abbey Clancey and that's not because I'am being bias towards the liverpool lass its because I prefer the clothes she wears and the style she has.

Who knows what the future will hold for the North and South ladies and gents. Lets just hope we get fashion peace soon enough.
Check out the link below and it will show just how much the WAGS have grown from them days!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1285000/Shedding-WAG-tag-How-todays-footballers-wives-Chardonnay-Chanel.html




No comments:

Post a Comment